Are You a Candidate for the Latest Gum Recession Surgery
It is not unusual for gums to recede over time, as it is a condition that affects many people. There can be a number of reasons for the development of receding gum tissue, including:
- A genetic predisposition to receding gums. If your close relatives have receding gums, you are more likely to have them as well.
- Untreated gum disease. Gum disease that has not been addressed by a dental professional can contribute to gum recession.
- Irregular visits to the dentist. In general, you should be having your teeth cleaned and examined at least twice a year. If this has not been occurring, your gum tissues could be negatively affected.
- Lip or tongue jewelry. Mouth piercings may be popular, but they can lead to irritation of the gums. This can eventually cause the gums to recede.
- Aggressive tooth brushing behavior. Many individuals never learned proper brushing techniques. Therefore, they may be damaging their gums without realizing it.
No matter why your gums are receding, it is possible for you to get treatment for receding gums with Dr. Angela Cotey. Dr. Cotey offers her patients the latest procedure in minimally invasive gum recession surgery, the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™).
What Makes PST™ Different
Unlike other types of gum recession surgery, the Pinhole Technique offers unique benefits for those who undergo the treatment. These benefits include:
- Reduced swelling, discomfort, and bleeding that are associated with more traditional gum recession surgery techniques
- No sutures or incisions made during the procedure
- Quicker recovery time than you would expect with other gum recession surgery methods
In addition to these advantages, PST™ can also be performed on more than one site during the same visit. Please contact Dr. Cotey today to find out if this treatment for receding gums near Madison, WI could be right for you.